Factory talk view studio Machine edition

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've created a PV+ application using Factory talk view studio and have down loaded it into a PV+. I found a mistake where I had used the same tag for two different objects on the screen. What seemed like a simple re-assignment of the tag has turned into head ache, I'm not able to test or create a run time application. I keep getting a "Unable to save tag database" error. I'm sure its just me having a senior moment... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your tag database for that project is corrupt. Search for "unable to save tag database" at AB's Knowledge base and there is instructions on how to fix it at the first link. Also, be aware that the HMI Project folder that your project is stored in should not be compacted to save disk space. (I've run into this on occasion).

1. Shut down RSViewME Studio
2. Open a Windows Explorer window and browse to the following directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\HMI Projects and locate the folder that contains your application name and open it.
3. Select the folder Tag and open it. Delete the .cac file in the Tag folder and then return back to project name folder.
4. Select the Cache folder and delete the RDMdata folder.
5. Close and reboot the PC.

For future searchers...

You can also use the Application Manager to fix this. Use the Application Manager to Backup the project and then Restore the project (using a new name).

No deleting of files required and no reboot either.

OG