Backup Creonics

Are you using Accel or GML?

Either way you will want to save the script file (.txt) which is the program logic.

Plus you will have to save the setup values including the dynamics and gains.

It has been so long since I worked on these, I am unsure if there were just those two files or maybe three...anyhow, there are at least two files you need to get the whole controller backed up.

Manuals are still available from ab. I once had to call them to get them to email a pdf to me that was not available online.

Let us know your exact controller model and which software you're using, and that may jog my memory...

Paul

Hi, I'm using GML and the model is IMC-S 20X.

I have a problem whit that.

The ok status Ligth of the creonics is turn off
unexpectedly and i loss the comunication.

I try to recover it but when i press the reset button nothing happend.

I want to know how use this button?

tanks​

So, does the OK led go off only while you are connected to the controller?

Have you used GML software to communicate to this controller with success in the past?

What OS is on the PC with GML?

Does the controller work properly at any time?

i have a PG of siemens with microsoft XP, the GML comander version is 4.03 and is the first time that i use it.

The Ok led go off unexpectedly in any time, and i can`t turn on again.

I suppose it`s caused by watchdog but i`m not sure.Some times when i pess reset button the led turn on and others times nting happend.

How works reset button?

To the best of my knowledge, GML Commander will not communicate with the older Creonics motion controllers. I can remember the earlier versions of GML supporting the Creonics Max controller, but I believe that support was dropped with GML commander v 4.01.

The OK light dropping out could mean almost anything has gone wrong, and without the ability to "talk" to the controller, you can only guess what might fix it.

Pressing the reset button restarts the controller like a hard reset of a computer.

The part number you gave "IMC-S 20X" is that the entire part number? Is this controller labelled with "Creonics"? Does it have an Allen-Bradley logo anywhere on it? That part number sounds similar to the S-Class after Allen Bradley took over. I believe the A/B S-Class part numbers include the number 4100

When was the last time the machine actually worked?

How many axes are being controlled?

Is there any way you could post a picture of it?

Wish I could help more...

Paul

Hi Okie

The reference of creonics have 4100, and have the AB logo

I was tryed tho do the backup of a spare creonics.

Like isn`t works, i want to do the backup from the machine.

I want to know what is the risk of do a hot-backup from the machine directly?
and what precautions should to do.

Thanks a lot

4100 is a portion of the part number for an S-Class motion controller.

You should be able to communicate with it using GML commander.

You cannot upload a GML diagram. You can upload the program script, variables and setup values.

You will have to stop the program in order to do the upload.

You should go to the literature library at ab.com and search for manuals pertaining to your specific controller, and for manuals pertaining to GML commander software.

There are a lot of variations of the S-Class, and many options available for communications. Also, there have been several firmware chagnes over the years, so the release notes for your particular controller will be important to study as well.

With the exact whole part number and more information about the options and the application, I could probably offer more advice.

The ideal situation would be that you have a copy of the original GML diagram with which the machine was programmed. In that case, you could go online and upload the setups and variables, then have a complete program to download to the spare controller.

Again, I am not sure that you have an s-class. All the S-Class controllers I worked with had Allen-Bradley logos, and not Creonics. They are very similar to the Creonics Max controllers, but have a gray enclosure with a hinged door on the front.

Paul