Text extraction in RS Logix 5000

Evirua

Is there a way to import & extract specific values from a .txt file into a tag value (within an array) in RSLogix 5k?

Best way is to use Excel and a DDE function to/from RSLinx (search this site there are several examples). Then you setup a column of addresses and the value next to it and do a DDE write.

Another simpler way is to use an Excel macro to use SendKeys function and write it online. I use that for PLC's where the comments are stored in the PLC to write new comment while online in run mode.

There is also sample code on the AB site to read/write values to/from the SIM card, but it's very complicated code.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I'm currently working on updating an HMI project for the GP2500, and I've encountered a bit of a...
Replies
Views
I'm working with a project that contains some routines in ST but mostly in ladder. Am I correct in assuming this 'rung': DB1001DO._01AV55_OPEN :=...
Replies
Views
I have an expression in a structured text routine of a Logix controller that looks more or less like the following: ResultInteger := Integer1 *...
Replies
Views
Hey all, i have a panelview screen (image attached), with 4 items on it. Program 1, Program 2, ...3, ...4. The PLC i am using is a compactlogix...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I display the step number of a SFC on a display. Sometimes, on a trip, it goes quickly through many steps and I need to prove to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom