SLC 5/01 Compiler Error

Sergeand

I am trying to update a program in a SLC 5/01. I am using a PIC and the associated driver, when I start RSLinx and do RSWho I can see the PLC and Linx picks up the controller type and name, but when I go to logix to upload, download, anything, it looks like it is working and then pops up "Compiler Error:Unknown".

I'd flash the PLC and re-load, but it works with a non AB HMI (Zoid?) and I'm afraid I won't be able to reconnect the link to it. It must've worked somehow because there is a copy of the logic on our PLC laptop. Any suggestions?

When a very old compiler from the AI-500 or APS software is used on an old fixed or 5/01 or 5/02 controller, it's possible for the more modern RSLogix 500 compiler to not be able to decompile the program.

You can use the AI-500 upload utility to get the program out of the controller, and once you open the resulting file with RSLogix 500 you'll be able to use RSLogix thereafter.

http://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43708

Mickey, I have tried opening the program (in logix) and then going online to no avail.

Ken I'll give the AI-500 utility a shot and get back to you, but like I told Mickey I have a copy in logix 500 currently. Could it have been obtained using another means?

Sorry to resurrect an ancient thread but I am in a pickle. It would appear you can only run AI-500 utility in PRE windows XP environments? Is there another way to do this as I do not have anything running an operating system that old. I need to get a program from a SLC 5/01 that is giving me the compiler error and was likely written prior to 500.