sia

Hello, I'm new in the forum...

I have:
CLX processor
AC input
AC output
DH+/RIO card
Panel View 1000 (PV)

I just want to control the PLC with the PV via DH+. The hardware is already connected and I think it doesn't have a problem with the communication because I entered in the configuration of the PV physically and the led of communication status is always green. The panel view puts an error line in the upper size of the screen (code error 685, File access error) and another error when I press the button that I create in the PV (code error 208, Unable to write to remote device). I mathced the tags in the PLC with the tags in the PV. I.E, I put the address N100:10/1 (BOOL type) in the PV and refered to the button that I want to press, and create a tag in the PLC with the address N100[10].1 wich is the same to the PV. If somebody knows what it's happenin I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum !

You need to configure the ControlLogix so that it knows that the PLC-5 address "N100:x" refers to the array Tag "N100[x]".

This is not automatic, nor is it based on the tag name.

In RSLogix 5000, select Tools -> Map PLC/SLC Addresses. Enter the Data File number 100 into a line along with the Tag Name "N100".

As long as the ControlLogix is in Slot 0, the 1756-DHRIO module will forward DH+ messages to it, and the ControlLogix will respond using that Data File:Array Tag table.

Thanks for the welcome...
I had already done that (the map thing) and it's shows that: the data file is 100 and the tag name is N100. When I say PLC I refer to the CLX with all the cards (I don't know if that's well said). And I have the same question of JeffKiper. What if the processor is in another slot?, because i have the processor in the slot 3. Thanks for the help.

In the RSLinx browse, right click on the 1756-DHRIO module and select the Module Configuration function.

Find the field for "default slot number" and enter the controller slot. Remember that ControlLogix rack slot numbers start at zero for the leftmost slot.

Devices that understand Controllogix routing can access multiple slots via DH+. RSLinx Classic is a good example.

But devices that only use DH+ local addressing can only address as far as the network port on the DHRIO and need the Default Slot value to get the message to the CPU. The PV+ DH+ driver is one of those devices.

Thanks Ken.
Ok. I already do that. I changed the slot number to 3 (CLX processor in slot 3). Now I don't have the error 685 in the PV but I still have the 208 error. Let me explain all that I did.
In RSlogix5000:
-In controller properties on the dialog box I put "PRUEBA" as the node name.
-I put the the CLX processor in the slot 3.
-I create the tags. N100 is the name and the type is INT[100]. Also N101 and the type is INT[100].
-In Logic->Map PLC/SLC Messages I have 2 files numbers:
File Number Name
100 N100
101 N101
-I did some rungs to probe the communication. If analog input (local:0:I:DATA.1), then OTE N101[0].1. Also, If N100[0].1, then analog output (local:1:O:DATA.1).
-Channel A of the DH+/RIO card is for DH+ and channel B is for RIO.

In Panel Builder:
-In communication setup located in Application->Settings->Terminal Setup->Comm. Setup I put in Terminal node address 3 and the baud rate 57.6k. Also, in the Networks nodes I put "PRUEBA" as the node name. 3 as the node address and controllogix as the node type.
-I create the tags. One in the address N100:0/1 and N101:0/1 with the node name "PRUEBA" (the same as the RSlogix). The Type of the two tags is Bit.
-I create one screen with one button and one indicator. I associated the Button with the address N100:0/1 (in the write tag) and the indicator with the address N101:0/1 (in the read tag). And the type is single bit for both of them.

I don't know why I still have this problem (208). Please Help.

The DH+ Node Number of the PanelView Standard terminal and of the 1756-DHRIO must be different. It sounds like you have set them both to Node 3.

The DH+ Node Number of the 1756-DHRIO module does not need to be the same as the slot number of the ControlLogix CPU. It can be, but does not have to be.

Because you are using SLC/PLC Address emulation, the Device Type in the PanelBuilder32 Network configuration can be PLC-5 or SLC-5/04. I don't think setting it for ControlLogix in this case helps.

The history of support for ControlLogix in PanelBuilder32 is complicated and I do not work for RA Technical Support so I am giving you advice that I know will work to emulate a PLC/SLC using a ControlLogix and 1756-DHRIO, rather than advice that is product and revision specific and comprehensive. If you need direct support from Rockwell Automation you should contact Rockwell Automation directly.

Ok. Yes, it seems I have set them both to node 3 but no. 1756-DHRIO is in node 00 and the PV in node 03. I don't understand the mapping. Should I use the map SLC/PLC for CLX?... If the answer is no, How can I do to finnaly communicate the CLX and the PV without the mapping?... Thanks for responding...