DirectSOFT 6 Counter help, PLEASE?

elfmanp

All, I have a program that I am adding the counter on Rung 83 (see attached). The reset logic is exactly the same as on rung 84, but I can't seem to find a better way to do this. Is this the best way, or please say and help me understand a more elegant way to accomplish this?

DirectSoft6_Screenshot 2021-01-21.png

There are two OUT instructions. One of them is for "coils" or boolean addresses (same as OTE in A/B lingo) and the other is to spit the accumulator to an address (same as MOV in A/B lingo ... more precisely it is more like a COP with a single 16 bit element length).

F5 for the instruction browser. Go to the "Box" tab and find the correct out instruction for V-memory addresses.

Also Ctrl+Shift and arrow keys will let you delete branches. In some cases also you may need to hit insert on the keyboard and choose "Insert Row" to avoid joining two rungs together that you don't want to when drawing branches.

Not the best workflow around but the software is plenty old.

This freaking software is making me feel like I'm dumber than ditch-water! I have finally created the code as shown above with branches as shown above, but now, when I try to Accept I get:

Compiler Error: Trying to AND above a JOIN

Any ideas? Please?

Turn on output window, if not on that will tell why you have a problem.

Easiest would be post code see experts can see.

First and easiest you must have and end statement after last rung

Here is a screen shot of the offending rung - same as shown above. And the Error in the Output window. I am thinking that the 'elegant' version is not allowed and I will have to revert to the first screenshot above. o_O

DirectSoft6_Screenshot 2021-01-22a.png

I can find no other rung in my program (>900 rungs) that show any connections to the right, nor can I figure out how to get cursor over there to draw more wire. I think I am just going to choose the less elegant solution, as I know that will work - just doesn't look pretty - but, this program is a big fat mess so I don't think I'll feel too bad about making a bit more mess in it. Thanks for all your help everyone! :site:

I have run into this a number of times in the past. The software just doesn't seem to like branching below a counter. If it is actually possible, I have never taken enough time to figure it out and always have taken the less elegant approach just to get things done.