programming help needed

csides

I am writing my very first ladder program and learning as I go. I am using a Keyence KV-16AR. I need a way to begin a timer when a certain relay turns on and stop the timer when the relay turns off. The elapsed time needs to be stored in memory and the timer then reset. Any help would be appreciated.

Actually, you've described the rung pretty well.

Open your software and do a search on Timers. Then look for a memory storage command, like Move, Store, Copy, etc.

Thos tid-bits should give you some direction.

TM

EDIT : One more hint - Retentive

This might help

CR Input
------| |-----------------------(RTO)

CR Input
------|/|----(OSR)--------------(MOV) timer acc to storage file
|
|
|________(RES) timer acc

Cheers
Sparky