GE Fanuc 90-30 Software

Hi everybody,

I've been working with GE PLC's before with the proficy software but never with a ECLiPS software, theres some machines made with the ECLiPS software but I can't get the software now. Do you know if I can use the Proficy even if the PLC had been programmed with the ECLiPS software?
I just try to upload the program to my PC via RS 232 but I haven't success, do you have any tip or any advise about it?

ECLiPS was a special State Logic control engine that originally ran on a programmable coprocessor module. Later they came out with a State Logic CPU module for the 90-30. I'm not aware of any conversion to Proficy. Try contacting Cimtec (http://www.cimtecautomation.com/) in Charlotte, North Carolina. They are the owners of a lot of the legacy GE stuff and might be able to help you out.

I have looked into this fairly recently 3-4 months ago and GE-IP still holds the Eclips ownership but it is obsolete and not supported.
Chapter 9 of this manual has information on it: http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=docchannel&id=S:DO696

I do have the software and a parallel port key for it but have not tried it in close to 10 years IIRC.
I would suggest getting a good sequence of operations of the process and re-writing this in your favorite Processor, this is what we did. The customer had a print out of the StateLogic program that worked well as the sequence of operations.

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can get my hands on an old version of ECLiPS?

Just got drug into a down situation on a validated pharmaceutical machine that I need to reload a program into a State Logic Processor.

They do not have ECLiPS and without it I don't think you can transfer programs

I think they are out of luck and we will be doing an expedited upgrade but validating the upgrade will take 4 weeks by itself and they are pretty desperate.

I can connect with Hyperterminal and have figured out some command line things like P.? is the program specifier and H. is halt and F. is force.

I think you're correct that they are out of luck without ECLiPS software. If I remember correctly you also need a license dongle to be able to download.
Try contacting Cimtec automation. They are my go-to for vintage GE stuff.
http://www.cimtecautomation.com/parts/c-37-ge-automation-and-controls.aspx

Edit:
Also the ECLiPS software was a DOS application. If you can find a copy you will probably need an old PC to run it on.
Hard to believe that a company running a validated pharmaceutical line didn't hang onto the tools necessary to maintain it.

Last edited: