Button to acknowledge/Silence all alarms in Factorytalk View Studio.

numnum7

Hello,

I want to create a button in my header screen that will acknowledge or silence all the alarms in the A&E Server. I tried the AcknowledgeAll function but it doesn't work.

I'm still working on it but any tips will be useful.

Nevermind, I figured it out.

It's kind of a hack, but I put an invisible alarms and events screen in the header and invoked its akall function through the button.

To better reduce the load, I created a separate display that contains the Alarms and Events page. Upon pressing the button this display is opened, the method is invoked, and finally the display is closed (display could show a loading message or be loaded in the background).

Check out the remote buttons located under the advance tab in alarm setup. There is a remote [ACK. All] you can tie to a tag. I have used the [Remote Close] by setting a bit in the PLC when no alarms exist to close alarm screen. It's an option you may want to consider in the future.