Having problems using a MOV to move a string to a string.Data Type Does Not Match

Cydog

Good Morning ,

I'm trying to move a total for a dose into a dose history. I'm able to get my totals to move just fine. I would also like to timestamp this dose . I have my date and time working well. The problem I'm having is , I am trying to use a MOV to move a date string to another string . I keep getting the message , Data Type does not match. Both are strings. Why do you think I am getting this message ?

Thanks so much for your help.

What PLC/software are you using.

My first guess would be a mismatch in size.

IndustMech is correct. If you look at the help file for the MOV instruction, you'll see that the STRING data type is not supported. You have to use a COP instruction.