read-write thru dh 485

labingtone

hi to all,

we have existing slc 5/03 in our plant and we are going to add 3 more slc 5/02. Each slc 5/02 has dedicated AIC 1747.
We are going to make the SLC 5/03 as initiator and the other 3 SLC 5/02 as responder on a DH 485 network.

The SLC 5/03 will communicate with a DCS(master) thru a MCM 3150 as slave.

My 3 slc 5/02 will send data to slc 5/03, the slc 5/03 will then pass this data thru MCM 3150.

Please give me some guidance to perform the programming to accomplish this project.

many thanks,

Lovington Dela Cruz

The easiest way is to have an AIC+ on the operator interface and the master as well as the slaves. Use the RSLogix message block to initiate communications to the slaves. It helps to have your data in contiguous blocks so the number of transactions is minimized. Double clicking on the message block brings up a setup screen that is fairly straight forward. It includes addressing info, with separate data block start and stop for the master and a destination block for ht slave.