Omron CP1H Write protect

abderrezak

Hi,
I recently had to buy a batch of new electrical components containing
10 PLC Omron Type (CP1H-X40DRA) Apparently stored in store (to be used as spare parts).
And when we check them, I see that they are in perfect condition and that they are already programmed for the applications for which they are intended, which did not interest me since I intended to use them for my own applications.
To my surprise, I see that I cannot download my program because of the write protection (by checking of course that the DIP SWITCH n˚1 is OFF)
The following message appears on CX Programmer on each attempt:
Erasing program memory failed.
The program memory may be protected in read mode with prohibition of erasure.

I understand of course that we have the right to protect a program against reading or modification, but here to condemn the PLC that we bought and to prohibit the reuse of hardware is something that seems unfair to me!
I also doubt that maybe it was I who did not know how to reset the PLC for my own use (Despite my research on the specialized Forums).
Please enlighten me on the matter or guide me how to remedy this problem.

online status of AR99 (Relative to read / write protection)

AR99.00=1: UM read protection is set

AR99.01=1: Task read protection is set.

AR99.02=1: Overwriting prohibited (write-protected)

AR99.03=0: Creation of backup program file allowed

Thank you for help

Thanks for help

On the front of the CPU, you will see dip switches. I believe that the first switch is UM protection. Make sure that it is off and try to erase the program.

I hope this helps you out.
Regards,

Hmmm, I guess it prevents someone from hacking the machine. "just flick this switch and put whatever you want in place."
It might be you have to call your omron dealer and ask them how much to "repair" the PLC so you can program it anew.

An idea came to me, but to try it I need the help of someone with the same type of PLC (CP1H-X40DRA)

It is a question of making a backup of its empty plc or whatever with the PLC BACKUP TOOL in cx-programmer and sending it to me to do the reverse operation by overwriting the program in the UM of my PLC

I think it’s possible especially seeing the online status of AR99 (Relative to read / write protection)

AR99.00=1: UM read protection is set

AR99.01=1: Task read protection is set.

AR99.02=1: Overwriting prohibited (write-protected)

*****AR99.03=0: Creation of backup program file allowed ********

Thanks for help