Cannot import Chinesse Symbols to Intouch 9.5

andrzejplo

Hello,
I have Intouch 9.5 version and I am now currently doing two languages Intouch application, English and Chinesse(PRC).

I am using "Runtime Language Switch to do this but I cannot import this changed xml file.

1. I installed chinesse language to XP Professional SP2.
2. I exported my string using Language - Export Dictionary.
3. I opened it in Notepad and add Chinesse symbols. Know when I am saving this by CTRL+S.
4. I opened Intouch Application and when I want to import this file I have an error message: "An error occured while reading Dictionary File, please verify Dictionary File for format errors..." In Logger Viewer i have information "System.InvalidOperationExeption.There is an error in XML document(17,6)...There is invalid character in the given encoding...."

How to soleve this problem?
Are there any patches for Intouch 9.5??
Thanks for answer

Andrzejplo,

You are ok in your process until you get to step 3. You must use Microsoft Excel 2003 Professional Edition. If you use any other version other than Professional you will not be able to properly edit your xml file.

Your step 3 should look like this:

3. Right click on xml file. Select “Open with” choose Excel. Select “As an XML list”, click OK. Another prompt will pop-up. Click OK.

Now complete your translation in column B. Do not edit any other columns.

4. "Save As" xml data. Do not change the name of the file, this can cause problems.

You can also find this process in more detail in the Help files for Wonderware 9.5. I am currently looking for patches for bugs with the language switching function. If anyone has any ideas please reply.

Regards