Panelview 600

dhuber

I have a SLC 5/03 connected to a Panelview 600, what just happened was the power supply on the PLC was shorted out through the someone plugging in a ethernet cable direct in the back of the panelview to an ethernet port on a computer. I downloaded everything back to the PLC and communications works fine between the PLC and the Panelview, but if i go to plug in my ethernet cable, through my UIC box, it pops up on the panel view with required nodes not found, or no nodes on network. When i then unplug the ethernet cable from the back of the panelview, the message goes away and everything runs fine again.
I can see the panelview in rslinx, but not the PLC, i can upload and such from the panelview, i am just wondering if that port on the panelview is fried and will always do that, or if there is something i can change in the communication settings. The communication settings are the same, and i was able to see both at one point connecting through the back of the panelview.
This is just more of a convenience thing than anything.

Thanks.