PowerFlex 40P External Stop Button

MY_USER.NAME

Hi all,

To begin, I'm using a stand-alone (not on any kind of network) PowerFlex 40-P , a Panel Mount LCD HIM (Allen Bradley Cat. No.: 22 - HIM - CS2 Series C) and an external Control Station which has start/stop momentary Push-Buttons (each with a Normally Closed and Normally Open Contact) and a 10kΩ potentiometer for speed reference. I don't have access to a PF drive or I'd go ahead and try it out for myself.

My main question: If I'm using the 3-Wire SRC wiring scheme (in reference to my start/stop control, pictured below), and I wire my momentary stop to be normally closed, will this quick "LOW" pulse to the stop input (Terminal 01) tell the PF40P to stop the motor or would the stop button be required to be maintained in the off/disconnected position? The "Input/Output" section, in the picture, mentions that you can use a momentary N.O. start push-button, but doesn't really specify if the stop can be momentary or if it has to be maintained.

If the stop push-button must be maintained, is there a way to program one of the Digital inputs so that I could wire my momentary stop PB to one of those and configure the drive to stop each time it receives a HIGH signal from it?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

PowerFlex40P.png

In this setup, the Stop would be momentary. There is an internal seal-in circuit around the Start input to make this a true 3-wire control circuit, so that if there is a power failure, the Start button would need to be pressed again.