Ftv: Ms sql server 2008 r2

Seyed Mohamed

Hello,
I just installed FTV V8. During installation i gave password for my SQL server. But finally after installation im not finding SQL Server Management Studio. When i get in to server installation center its asking for browse for sql server 2008 installation media. but im not finding any setup.exe file im Win7 Pro 64bit system. Advise please.

My bet would be that neither the FTV installation disc or windows OS installation includes SQL server, it is a separate install.

If you need a separate SQL Server instance for datalogging etc., the FTView SE disk includes SQL Server Express, not the full version of SQL Server.

See TN:
Step by step - How to Install SQL Server 2008 R2 to log FactoryTalk Alarms and Events
521520 | 01/23/2013 | Access Level: TechConnect

And, if you are using a full SQL Server, you need to have that licensed as well. You need the client access licenses for every client, which can be a per user license, or a per device license.

This gets complicated, a single PC as a client can require multiple licenses.

Check appendix D of the manual:

You can also install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 Express, which is
included in the FTView\Redist\SQLServerEXPR_2008R2SP2 folder on the
FactoryTalk View installation DVD