Little HMI for Control Logix

I am with Ken on this one. I have a boatload of G304K2 from Red Lion out in the field and have had no failures. The software is free and extremely capable. The Kadets are probably going to be replaced by the CR-1000 series, so it might be wise to use the CR-1000 or CR-3000 series going forward.

I have the 4" models on a lot of pump station panels, and one of them even acts as a protocol converter for some Danfoss drives allowing the little Micrologix PLC to start/stop the pump and monitor and control speed and current without any analog wiring.

Once you get used to Crimson software, nothing else will be good enough and you will save a ton of time.

I just installed my first batch of CR-1000 7" HMIs and they are really nice and just slightly more expensive than the equivalent Kadet. It uses Crimson 3.1 software which is nearly identical to Crimson 3.0 and will import files made with 3.0.

Interestingly, I noticed that Siemens HMI's can be interfaced with AB PLC's via EthernetIP.

I haven't checked the pricing around me for a 4 or even 3 inch one, but it's a possibility... which would definitely shock the AB fan base on site. :)

On a similar note, does any of you have suggestions for an industrial HMI with touch panel that doesn't require it's own programming but rather displays an HTML5 visualisation in a full screen browser?

So far we use Weintek screens for smaller displays on simple processes, industrial panel pc's or full blown pc with industrial touch screen when we need a larger screen. Both have their pros and cons.

The Weintek screens are affordable, software is free. Downside is it requires another programming environment. I'd prefer to do all programming of both logic and HMI in one package, with HTML5 web visualisation.

Industrial panel PC's (or panel mount touch screen + PC) are mostly Windows based, require an OS to be installed and maintained, the hardware is less reliable and operators may be tempted to add their own sh#t that we don't want on industrial systems (play music, watch video, check email, social networking, you name it I've seen it).

Ideally I'd like something like the Weinteks but with no HMI programmed on the panel, rather just a full screen HTML5 browser, no extra strings attached. Easy setup, low maintenance, reliable. Preferably no aluminium as our systems are often used in corrosive environments.