Ascii Checksum Allen Bradley

fornhamspark

Hi all,

Have anyone had experiance of calculating the checksum. We are trying to write code from a Compactlogix L32e using an Ascii module to display characters on a multi line display via RS485.

Any help would be very much appreciated?

Thanks for replies.

We had to in the end XOR each character in the string by the result of the previous XOR calculation. The result was then added to the end of the string andsent to the display.
The thing is this calculation become quite long. Thought there must be a better way of achieving this?.

Similar Topics

PLC is Automation Direct P2000. Destination device is a servo drive. Pacific Scientific SC755 with a custom program in BASIC. I have a copy of the...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever had to program a checksum subroutine in a PLC? I have to communicate with a proprietary Viscometer using RS-232 ASCII, basically...
Replies
Views
I have an L24ER-QB1B with a 1769-ASCII card in slot number 4. I'm looking to send data to this zebra printer after every completed sequence. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi to everybody. I need to read the first 12 characters of the message that a barcode reader sends to the ascii card (1734-rs232 ascii) and I...
Replies
Views
I am trying to import addresses and symbols from a PanelBuilder32 application into the RSLogix 5 Address/Symbol database - however each time I...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom