RS Logix 5000 Convert version 17 to 15

jvalle

I have a project that was created for me in RS Logix 5000 version 17. I have version 15 and I need to convert it to this older version. I am trying to import the .L5K file and I am getting an error that says "Import Export version mismatch. Expected version is 2.6. Cannot import or paste into an older version of RSLogix5000." I was told that it is possible. Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks

It's possible as long as the V17 program doesn't contain features and functions not supported in V15. For example, if the V17 program usses Add-On Instructions you will not be able to convert those into a V15 format. I'm sure there are other items that will do this also, new I/O modules for example.

Keith

I have a project that was created for me in RS Logix 5000 version 17. I have version 15 and I need to convert it to this older version. I am trying to import the .L5K file and I am getting an error that says "Import Export version mismatch. Expected version is 2.6. Cannot import or paste into an older version of RSLogix5000." I was told that it is possible. Can anyone help me out with this.

Thanks

There are a couple of places that you have to change the version number in the L5K file. I don't remember exactly where they are, but if you search the file for "2.6" and "17", You should find what you're looking for. It helps to have an L5K file from a program that was already v15 to compare.

Open the .L5K file in a text editor like notepad. Look at the 12th line down from the top for this text

"IE_VER := 2.8;"

Change the 2.8 to 2.6.

Open RSLogix and do a file open. Select the L5K file and choose version 15. You will get warnings, quite a few of them. Review the warnings and make sure none of them apply to your project. But as long as you don't get errors, you should be ok.

As mentioned, if any features unique to v16 or v17 are being used in your project then it will be unable to complete the import.

Also, if you have used the GSV instruction to grab the date and time, it will fail as the date/time structure was changed in v16.

OG