Beijers E600 programming capability in UK?

dougflorence

I have a client with an E600 terminal in a system which I supplied to them in 2006. The E600 has now failed. I still have the E Designer .MPA file for the configuration and an E Designer software CD but it won't run under Windows 7. I can probably find a used or obsolete stock E600 somewhere.

Does anyone still have the capability to upload my .MPA configuration into a new terminal. I have done this before using an old laptop but that has broken now. I think there can be issues with the E600 firmware version but I seem to remember overcoming them last time I did this.

Long term they need to replace their control system but they need a quick solution to get them back into auto operation.

Doug Florence - DFTM Ltd.

Hello,

Have you tried a virtual machine with Windows XP loaded?
I suppose that you have to load the configuration over serial port, I've had luck with serial converters before as well... but it's always a crapshoot.

I have E-Designer version 7.40 build 285.1.2 working on 64 bit Windows 10 though I haven't tried transferring to a panel with it. But I also have I-Designer which is the Beijer version and that works fine on Windows 10. I know I had E&I-Designer running on Windows 7, what version of E-Designer are you on?

E designer 6.xx will run on windows 7 64 bit. I have it on a few laptops. (as will 7.xx)

I have both versions for the E50..onwards and the E1000... onwards.

They will transfer and receive the programs ok. You will be warned that the firmware does not match and do you want to upgrade (I always say no......it's fine as it is)

So I don't know why your version will not work on win 7. Both mine work perfectly

Would try harder, but I don't have any spare time at all at present. I could see me spending a few hours getting this working and I just don't have a few hours spare. I have located a used E600 for sale and I may have located someone who can do the job for me but he is overseas at present. Anyone else interested in doing the job for a fee if I can get the E600 to them?

Last edited:
Yesterday I uploaded new screens on E615 panel using E-Designer 7.52 Build 344 and Windows 10 64-bit. I connected over RS232 to USB converter, and with my self-made female to female RS232 cable.

Only big surprise was that E615 is apparently DCE on it's RS232 port, took us 2 hours before we tried with direct cable, rather than crossover cable (which I used to connect to E1022 panel).

About your incompatibility, I think it's probably Windows.
About firmware on E series, it can be updated with E-Designer, usually you need to set a switch on E panel to a right position and connect with E-Designer.

Hope this helped a bit.

There is a e-designer build for 64 bit machines (v7.53 b363). I will PM you a link.

Last edited:
We had these and the E1000 in Plants and we made a conscious decision to convert them over to JMobile Panels. Bejeir in the UK were good they could re-furb the panels. but it was costly.

Might be better looking at a new panel and re-working the SW

These were a cost effective replacement (from Scatts in the UK) https://www.exorint.com/en/product/ex710

Please help send me E-Designer V7.53 B363. I have a HMI E1151 need to convert to X2 Pro, but i can find th software.

Thanks so much,

I don't think you need E-designer for the conversion, just iX Developer.