Omron Analog Output Module CJ1W-DA041 4-20mA output channel no current

kevinlin_5

Dear All,

I want to use a 4-20mA output from Omron AO module, so I did the following configuration: PLC used CJ1M-CPU22, rack 00 CJ1W-AD041, rack 01 CJ1W-DA041. I set channel 1 as 0-10V output and channel 2 as 4-20mA output. In my program, I have already set bits 2010.00, 2010.01, 2010.02, 2010.03, A502.00 and A502.01.
I retrieve a value from the analog input module, and do some conversion and output it to analog output channel 1 and 2.
when I measure voltage at channel 1, it works well. But when I measure current at channel 2, it doesn't work, measurement shows in the multimeter is 0.
I also monitor the value in my program, channel 1 and channel 2 get the same value.

Can anybody tell me why?

Thanks.

Hi,
I know this might be a simple question, how did you measure the current?Have you placed your meter in series?

Hagos

Have you powered the outputs with a 24Vdc power supply?

Analog_Output_Module_CJ1_W-_DA041_wiring.jpg

Hi,
I know this might be a simple question, how did you measure the current?Have you placed your meter in series?

Hagos

Hi, Hagos,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I directly connected the multimeter probes to the current output B2 & B3, and measured mode also set to current.

Have you powered the outputs with a 24Vdc power supply?

Analog_Output_Module_CJ1_W-_DA041_wiring.jpg

Hi, Danw,

Thanks for the reply.

yes, I have connected with a 24V power supply. I also measure the voltage output at A1 & A2, it works well, but when I measure current at B2 & B3, it doesn't work. I also monitor the value at PLC, both output get the same value. That's the strange.

Current connections are B5/B6 or A5/A6. Did you check either of those?

I set DA041 channel 2 as current output, so I connected to B2 & B3, as I saw from the manual, both B2/B3 and A2/A3 are also current connections, so I didn't think this will the problem.
Anyway, later I'll try to connect to B5/B6 or A5/A6. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dear All,

I want to use a 4-20mA output from Omron AO module, so I did the following configuration: PLC used CJ1M-CPU22, rack 00 CJ1W-AD041, rack 01 CJ1W-DA041. I set channel 1 as 0-10V output and channel 2 as 4-20mA output. In my program, I have already set bits 2010.00, 2010.01, 2010.02, 2010.03, A502.00 and A502.01.
I retrieve a value from the analog input module, and do some conversion and output it to analog output channel 1 and 2.
when I measure voltage at channel 1, it works well. But when I measure current at channel 2, it doesn't work, measurement shows in the multimeter is 0.
I also monitor the value in my program, channel 1 and channel 2 get the same value.

Can anybody tell me why?

Thanks.

Dear All,

Attached is my program for your reference. I have just changed current output from channel 2 to channel 4, so now I measure current at B5 & B6. Please help.

Thanks.

Last edited:
i not idea what project you working on but try this

down load program

transfer IO module

recycle power

perhaps you get some idea

TESTOMRON.jpg

Attachments

• test123.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 19
It is very common when a multimeter set to measure milliamps blows its fuse when connected to a circuit that is a voltage source. So you should test your multimeter to confirm that it will actually read milliamps and that the internal fuse is not blown. Otherwise you will read 0 milliamps because the meter fuse is blown.

An easy test circuit can be assembled from commonly available components: a 9V battery and a 1K (1,000) ohm resistor. Connecting the battery, resistor and the meter in series will have the meter show a value of 9mA and prove that the meter fuse is still working.

Has the card been setup properly in IO Table and Unit Setup? Will never work otherwise. Has the output been enabled?