Factory Talk View is Slow

Monroe1982

I have a network distributed application running on a windows 2008 server 64 bit with 12 gb ram. 3 Clients are on mini HP windows 7 64 bit with 8 gb ram. I migrated the project in from rsview. The response time is very slow. I can click a button that toggles a bit in plc 5 and it takes close to 2 seconds to set the bit then another 2 seconds to update the graphics display. I have the page update rates at .05 and have tried several different speeds to see if it helps any with no luck. Even direct addressing is too slow. I have one simple page running in the back ground with a simple single line of vba to handle the internal annunciation for alarms. Has anyone found a solution for this problem yet? I have read through all the post I can find with no luck. The licensing that was purchased for this is outrageous so I need to figure out a way to make it work. Help please!

FIx

For whatever it is worth we finally found somewhat of a solution. Rslinx enterprise does not do well with plc5. Switch to rslinx classic OPC servers.

If all your screens and devices are set to a refresh rate of .05, wouldn't it bog the system down with all that traffic?

I had 3 pv+ terminals running to a slc 5/05 with a screen refresh rate of .25 with no issues. each had about 50 screens and over 150 pb's / switches

james

Is the system live? If yes, can you stop it to run tests?

I would create a test project (1 screen, 1 push button and 1 numeric input). See what kind of response times you can get with that.
ex. using RSLinx Enterprise vs. Classic
ex. different update rates for the display

What version of FTView?

BTW, direct reference tags will always give you a better response time versus HMI tags.

HMI tags are 2x slower than direct reference tags (for read updates).
That's true for all update rates.