FactoryTalk Status

rleon

Hi:

I recently upgraded my FactoryTalk View SE to version 8.2 and Services Platform version 2.9, aplying October last patches.

The first thing that I note is that now in client workstations there is a tray icon with a key indicating FactoryTalk directory connection, with a green key when it's connected.

The problem is that in some workstations takes too long to connect to FT directory (not green key, only blue clock icon, so FTView client can't connect neither), about 5 or 10 minutes, with the consequent complains by the operators.

The EWS (enginnering pc) is the only that connect very fast to FT directory (green key) without issues and I can work inmediately with FTView Studio.

Server is Windows 2012 x64 (hosting FT directory and FTView SE Server) and workstations are Win 7 Pro x64 SP1.

I am using a local LAN, with fixes IP addresses, same workgroup, GBps ethernet ports.

Is there something that I am missing?

thanks

Yes. I can logon to FT Directory from clients but the status icon tray is with blue key so I cannot connect with FTView SE Client. Have to wait about 5 minutes for the green key and the can connect client.