Control Logix 1756-L55 Serial Port Fault

bob1371

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have a Mitsubishi GOT HMI connected to this processor via serial port. A few times a week it will freeze up and may take several minutes and/or cycling power to reset. I have swapped HMI's with another line and it still happened. Swapped PLC's and the problem followed this particular processor.

I am thinking serial port going bad. When I look at Minor Faults tab I have the following.

(TYPE 09) SERIAL PORT FAULT
DF1 SLAVE POLL TIMEOUT (CODE 05)

I do have a ethernet card installed and wondering if I could use something like this.

http://www.moxa.com/product/MGate_EIP3000_Series.htm

Looking through the manual I need to see if I am communication with PCCC commands, if so it should work. This is where i'm lost now. Not sure how to check that or to verify if it will work or not.

I have priced a replacement PLC and will do that if needed but just looking for alternatives.

Thanks,