SEW Eurodrive-Movidrive MDX61/ F 14 Endoder Fault

Good Morning ,

We have been getting a number of F14 Encoder Faults on a SEW MoviDrive . I do not have the software to get the "sub-codes" that the manual says will narrow it down. Would you guys have the link to that software , or I can just get it off the SEW Website. I guess it is MOVITOOLS software ?

I imagine there are special cables that you need to purchase , to connect to the drive ?

Also , I took notice that the manual says that you can use the keypad , to get to the "subcodes" . Have you guys come across a detailed manual for the Keypad , and really did not see much. Sometimes when searching you get a presentation from a SEW Seminar , or something.

What is the common cause for a F14 faults ? Bad Encoder , Shield , wiring ?

Thanks so much .

Yes, Movitools is the software. It is available to download from the Sew Eurodrive site. Sew

For communications I have their serial adapter that goes on the front of the controller, but they do have a new USB interface that connects to the RJ plug on the drive.

Using the keypad go into the parameters and a bank of the parameters are logged faults.
The manual does show which they are - I don't have Movitools on this computer so I couldn't look up the ones you need to check.