Panelview communication loss on RTC update

BlueAltezza

My normal systems use a Panelview standard and single PLC (Micro, Compact, or Control), and I periodically update the PLCs clock value from the HMI. Never had any issues there.

I just started up a system with 2 PLCs so I used a Panelview performance to communicate with both PLCs (only updating the RTC in PLC #1). No issues found when navigating screens, buttons, numbers, alarms, etc.

The only issue I have is that the Panelview gives a communication loss to PLC #2 "randomly"... which I found out wasn't random because it occurred on every time interval that I update the RTC to PLC #1. It reconnects automatically and quickly enough so I don't really lose any functionality on any screens. Obviously the diagnostic banner that pops up identifying the comm loss will probably cause an operator's head to explode so I'd like to prevent that!

Any suggestions?