Servo Motion Based On PLC analog input signal

kthompson613

Hello:

I am working on a project where I have a rotating piece of hardware around a centerpoint on one servo and a welding arm on another servo. As the hardware rotates, we will use a wheel on the welding arm for a position feedback to the plc to make minor adjustments to the welding arm position when small variations in the rotating hardware is detected. I am working with a Kinetix 350 Servo.

I have spoken to fellow colleagues and also with AB tech support. Each having their own advice...
Set up a Virtual Axis (I am not familiar enough with Servos to even begin that),
use two alternating MAMs based on the analog signal,
and also to just use the JOG function based on the analog signal.

I want to build a good piece of code and it seems like the Virtual Axis would be the best way to go. I do not know if I can apply the analog signal to it though???

Any suggestions for this???