Rexroth Indramat HCS.01 drive fault

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
Have a customer with a CNC machine with Rexroth plc and CNC drives. The other day they had the one drive fault out with a C15 fault code. I can't find much information on this, but it seems to be a stop homing code? or something down that line? The OEM is very touchy about the program and access to the programmer is quite limited. Is there anything we can do without accessing the plc program?

drive: HCS02.1E-W0054-A-01-NNNN
S/N: HCS021-0AX4Y

I looked in the manuals I've got and couldn't find a C15 fault. Could this be C115 (T2 too small) or maybe C215 (Acceleration data scaling error)?

I looked again but couldn't find a C15 fault in any of my manuals but I don't have all of the Rexroth/Indramat manuals. Perhaps someone else has some ideas.....

Not 100 percent on this but power down the machine wait for a couple of minutes and disconnect the Encoder feed back cable then re connect it. Power back up and see is the fault is still there.

also what happens if the enter button is pressed on the firmware module? does it display another code?

From a Trouble Shooting Guide I had somewhere: (R911297319)
C15.jpg

So you need to re-reference your selected encoder.
And find out why S-0-0191 was set in the first place.

I have not had time to go back to the customer site since. Could it be possible that S-0-0191 could be set via comm from their plc?

The customer has reported they got their OEM programmer to look into it and he was able to correct it via the program.