Date & Time Verfication in RSView /FactoryTalk Se

Hi Guys,

I need a bit of help with this one.

I have a SCADA application communicationing with 9 PLCs.

An Energy Managment screen accepts a Date Input in the form of MM DD YY and this is verified in one of the PLCs and if date is valid (ie. 1-29 in Feb etc). Its starts a sequence.

This all works fine but know i need to do this verification at SCADA level, in the event of this PLC failing i need the sequences to start in other parts of plant. SO If the date and time is valid (date is valid for year and End time is > Start time. When I have verified it is correct I will then pass this data to all PLCs.

Any suggestions how i can take an input like

MM DD YY: STart Date (3 Memory Tags)
MM DD YY: ENd Date ) 3 Memory Tags)

HH: MM : STart Hour Min ( 2 Memeory Tags)
HH: MM : End Hor Min (2 Memory Tags)

Perform a check. If invalid, flag an error?

Thanks

SHould have mentioned in the body of message that application is using FactoryTalk SE with ControlLogix PLCs

Hi Guys,

I need a bit of help with this one.

I have a SCADA application communicationing with 9 PLCs.

An Energy Managment screen accepts a Date Input in the form of MM DD YY and this is verified in one of the PLCs and if date is valid (ie. 1-29 in Feb etc). Its starts a sequence.

This all works fine but know i need to do this verification at SCADA level, in the event of this PLC failing i need the sequences to start in other parts of plant. SO If the date and time is valid (date is valid for year and End time is > Start time. When I have verified it is correct I will then pass this data to all PLCs.

Any suggestions how i can take an input like

MM DD YY: STart Date (3 Memory Tags)
MM DD YY: ENd Date ) 3 Memory Tags)

HH: MM : STart Hour Min ( 2 Memeory Tags)
HH: MM : End Hor Min (2 Memory Tags)

Perform a check. If invalid, flag an error?

Thanks

AOI instruction

I do not get exactly what you want but you can get date data from the plc using a GSV instruction, then you can compare in the scada this data with system data ( computer date data ), or you can try a new AOI instruction this is called TDIFF , what this instruction does is to compare one date data (year,month,day,hour,minute, second,microsecond, using GSV instruction) against the other and make a substraction. This AOI instruction is downloadable from:
http://samplecode.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/public/documents/webassets/sc_home_page.hcst

Another suggestion is to use date syncronizing between pc and plcs, this utility comes with rslogig 5000, in my case i synchronize al my plcs ( more than 20) every day at 00:00, thsi way you know that all yousr plcs have the same date and hour.

Hi Bill,

I'm not the best at explaining myself.

I do use the GSV in PLCS for time and I too sync all my PLCS at 24 hour interval.

When an operator enters a start date end date and time, this is validated in one of my plcs and if correct date then a sequence is initiated

I dont want to do it in the PLC now in the event of a failure taking the whole plant down.

I want to check in the SCADA via script or macro or any other suggestions if the date is valid. If so I'll write to PLC if not i'll flag an error

Does this make sense?

Why don´t you download the AOI i mentioned and try to convert it to a macro, in order to run it on the PC ?? I know It´s not going to be easy but it´s the only way i see it would satisfy your requirements.
You have date data from the plc and date data from the operator.