Logix Designer Comopare Tool

Rory_harry

Hi Folks,

I'm working in a regulated environment and my client requires to bring Logix designer compare tool up to V6.10.00 from V4.10.00. I did some testing with some PLC code (V21.03) on the V6.10.00 and the compare has some large Tag Array Data Type which are signified with a red arrow. When I attempt to open this tag in V6.10.00 Large Tag Viewer returns with a blank pop up screen no tag details and when I do the same PLC compare on V4.10.00 the Large tag viewer returns with the tags details. I have noticed a few differences in the parser config file highlighted in red in the attachment. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It looks like it is down to some Compare tool settings. There is a lot of options you can select determining your compare outcome. Try different configurations and see the result.

Also you may give Rockwell Support a call. Sometimes they are helpful.

I have checked the settings between both versions and my they are configured the same, my thoughts is that maybe there is some difference in a config file located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Logix Designer Tools\Logix Designer Compare Tool folder i.e. parser file differences

Thanks but unfortunately there id n troubleshooting tips for my issue. I have contacted RA support and they have no answer as to why this is occurring. It may need an upgrade for a fix.