confusion about Rockwell software Studio 5000 Revision

Usama_maqsod

Dear All,

I am confused in a situation and I am sharing the problem statement in detail,i hope it will be fruitful as in past:

I have a Allen Bradley Control Logix 1756-L71 controller with I/O cards.It has been Programmed by some Previous Engineers using Studio 5000 (Software version is unknown).

Client wants me to prepare a spare Allen Bradley Control Logix 1756-L71 controller for unexpected situation.

I have Studio 5000 software having revision 24.00.and also the backup file(L5k) of downloaded program.

when i tried to open the file in my software Studio 5000 rev 24 then a pop up appeared that this program is on version 21.1 please import it and 2 options came out in drop list for selection 20 or 24.

Firstly i tried to import it in 20 but failed then I selected 24 and process started.

After taking 2 to 3 minutes Program was on my laptop screen.I checked the version of CPU it was 24 written there.

So,Now here it is the question that whether i should just download this program to the NEW CPU,and after download will it become the Plug & Play replace able for already installed CPU?????? :unsure:

Sounds good to me... just make sure you can go in on a weekend and change out the processor while they are not running, if there are issues you can swap the other one back

If you have a support contract with AB you should be able to upload the 21.1 from their website and keep the new CPU to that version, I think that would be the easiest, then your customer would have both the backup and running with the same version