S7-200 download project from memory carrtridge

ason

Hey, i need to make a change on a PLC with a memory cartridge,
The maunal says
"Restoring a prgram from a Memory Cartridge"
To transfer the program from a memory cartridge to the s7-200 you must apply power to the s7-200 with the memory cartridge installed.
if any of the blocks or force values present in the memory cartridge are different from the blocks or force values in the s7-200, then all blocks present in the memory cartridge are copied to the s7-200"

And that doesnt works,

i need to send 2 memory cartridge to a client 1 with orginal program if something goes wrong and 1 with the update,
was trying this here at home and i cant get it to download it to the PLC when i try that the maual says. o_O o_O
Any tip?

You might have known this already.. but thought I would give it a try..

With the memory installed, did you turn the power off and on again? After the memory cartridge is in place, you need to cycle the power so that the program gets downloaded..

Thanks, but i have tryied that,
did it this way, power down-install memory card-power up=no luck
going to try a power down/up again when the card is in place

There are some compatability issues. Like the 32K can no longer be used on the new releases. Let me know the type of CPU and the size of the memory chip.

Also, is there a program on the memory? I hope you transfered the program to the memory cartridge first..

I transfered a program to it, i can see it in the S7-200 Explorer,
memory 6es7-2918gh23-oxao, 256k
and the plc is a 6es7 212-1bb23-oxbo

im trying to do this on that PLC
when i got this to work im going to ship the memory to a customer that have a 224, dont have the part number,

Now it works, i restarted the PLC in stop mode, then i worked,
but now i dont need to have it in stop when i power down/up the plc works al the time,
someting is strange but it works.
Thumps UP!!