FT View Studio ME (PV Plus 1500) Where do i change user passwords...

ViperDaSnake

The software is Factory Talk View Studio Machine Edition release number 5.10.00.
The panel is a PV Plus 1500.

In the project I have created a user account and added it to the ME Runtime 4.00 Security window. Where do I add/modify the password...?:confused:

Also I created a user group by accident, can I delete the group...? How...?:confused:

Thanks
Curtis

Bump...

Did you ever figure out how to modify the user names/passwords? I have added screens and buttons to an already existing program. When I go to download to the PV+ terminal, everything functions correctly except for the login. I get an error saying "insufficient access rights"

I have a few applications with user login in priviledges, it may not be the right way... but this is how I do it.

Have your project open in factory talk. on the left hand side open up the system folder. Navigate down to users and groups, and then to users. Add the user name here by right clicking on the user folder and following the directions.

You can set and reset the passwords for your users here.

Once your users are configured, scroll up to the system folder in your project tree on the left hand side. In here you will find the runtime security settings.

Open this up and it gives you the option to add users in and to set their security level. Set the desired security levels for each user as per your panelview project. I believe they use letter designations to segregate security levels.

Your panelview project can have hidden navigation, input, or other display objects that you can make visible or active depending on the security access level that a given user has.

That seems to work for me.

Thanks for the response, that's exactly what I ended up doing earlier today after messing around with it for a while. Seems to have worked fine so far