Problem with DDE-link and working with RSLogix5

mulderm

Hello,

I have making in an Excel-sheet a DDE-link Topic between RSLinx Classic and a PLC5/25 processor.
When the value in the cel of the sheet changes, a macro will running for to do some handlings.
This take about 3 seconds.
Problem is that sometimes, when I working with RSLogix5 (with is also installed on the same PC) to do
some online programming, the Excel application is hanging at the moment that the macro is running.
I see this because the cursur is changing in a Hourglasses so the macro is running.
What can I do to help this problem?
When I not working on the pc everything is allright.

Greetings,

mulderm

Similar Topics

Hi everybody for my project i need to collect some data from WAGO-I/O-PRO 32 by using DDE links. I did exactly what the help documentation...
Replies
Views
problem in a communication that lost bet. S5 135U (ALARM S3964RDDE SERVER) & In Touch Hi all experts and members ...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am having trouble writing to an address in Control Logix using Visual Basic if it is inside a UDT tag. For example if I create a new tag...
Replies
Views
I have been designing an HMI using RSView32 and DDE to RSLinx Classic. The problem im having is that when i created 2 tags in the tag database, if...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a question concerning communication between RSLinx and Excel through ethernet using DDE. Did anyone try to communicate with RSLinx...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom