Why cant OPs state the "Flexible" in WinCC Flexible ?

JesperMP

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
This is a peeve of mine.

Why can some posters - OPs in particular - not figure out to distinguish between WinCC and WinCC Flexible ?
Here is a recent thread:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=40882

Why do we have to ask "Do you mean WinCC or WinCC Flexible" ?
I have seen posts where some well meaning poster respond to a question, and it was absolutely wasted effort because it was for the wrong platform.

Please, try to state if it is for WinCC or WinCC Flexible in the header of the post. Help fight global warming.
And if you want to sound cool by shorting the text down, then say "Flexible", not "WinCC".

And thanks to Siemens too for this mess.

I feel better now.