Problem Ethernet Card with Siemens

enault

One of our guys have setup a computer with Simatic Step 7, WinCC Flexible and a few other soft from Siemens

Since im not the one who have setuped this computer its prety hard to provide a complete list of siemens soft that have been installed on that computers

MY Problem is im not able to install any ethernet card. i've try 2 different PCI card and the onboard network Card. i've also try the lastest driver for each of those card. the device manager even show the right name for those Ethernet card. well with all of that i've try im prety sure that its not a driver problem.

so is there a software from siemens that could really **** all the ethernet card on a computers because the ethernet network was working fine before installing SIMATIC on that computers. i really dont know what to do next to fix my ethernet

Thanks for those who will try to help me

well they show up with the yellow exclamation mark any of my atemp to install driver on this have fail

I doubt that the Siemens software has anything to do with it, but honestly cannot exclude the possibility.

To know which Siemens software is installed, go to Windows Start menu .. SIMATIC .. Information .. Installed software. You will get a full list of all things Siemens.

If there is a yellow exclamation mark, there is normally also a description of the nature of the problem, i.e. conflict with other hardware for example.

Well i still don't know what could have cause the network to be broke

but a brand new XP Installation got it to work

so the network adapter was good
and the driver was good too

maybe ill never know what was wrong

i wasn't able to install any driver on any Ethernet adapter

I still don't know if this problem was related with Siemens

but after
Formating
installing Windows xp
and Installing Step 7 and WinCC Flex
Ethernet is working Now