Telepace Studio

saberman

I am new to Telepace Studio and Modicon type ladder logic scanning methodology. I have recently started a new position working for an automation company that primarily automates salt water waste stations in the oil fields in West Texas where SCADAPACK 357 is the choice of plc. I am trying to familiarize my self with Telepace Studio ladder logic and the function blocks used. My experience mainly is with RSLogix SLC 500 and Controlnet plc's. Is their any resources or sample code besides what is on Schneider's web site? I have actual code that will be used on a project that I will be working on in a week from now and have been asked to familiarize my self with it. Any advice or resources are greatly appreciated.

Not going to lie, I think the software is extremely limiting. I mean who thought it would be a good idea to limit us to an 8x10 box for our PLC code? It's 2017 for gosh sakes.

Not going to lie, I think the software is extremely limiting. I mean who thought it would be a good idea to limit us to an 8x10 box for our PLC code? It's 2017 for gosh sakes.

Between the 8x10 limitation, floating points taking up two registers but no way to protect the second register from overwrite, and no Set/Reset coils, I spec Scadapacks far less frequently than I otherwise would.

Between the 8x10 limitation, floating points taking up two registers but no way to protect the second register from overwrite, and no Set/Reset coils, I spec Scadapacks far less frequently than I otherwise would.

I use Scadapacks lots but use isagraph on them mote than telepace. Not to say I'm not good with telepace as well just my preference. It is just like modicum programming which used to.be more popular than it seems to be now

The latest ScadaPacks (570) use the UnityPro engine for logic programming, so it is IEC compliant programming. The programming tool is called Remote Connect.

The 575s are still fresh out the factory and remote connect still needs some polishing. However I've imported in DFBs from unity for my pump control etc with no problem. So quite excited to see how things go in the next 12 months.

Same processor as the M580 so plenty of grunt.

And of course DNP3 as the protocol so no need to start over with your comms network... you can talk over serial, IP, cellular, whatever.

3 separately configurable Ethernet ports that can route between them... Think backup comms links without the routing hassles of two links on one subnet