INTOUCH , archestra IDE: Problems deploying a managed app to another pc

joaco1993

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all , im having some troubles when deploying a managed app.

when deploying it gives me the following errors:

warning: winplatform_001 :Software error: 340
Warning: viwengine_001_002: configuration error: invalid primitive ID
Error: failed to deploy myapp : Una ble to communicate with this objects hosting engine

Any ideas what might be wrong ??

thanks in advance

Check if platform (winplatform_001) is running on scan, also viewengine (viewengine_001_002) running on scan in SMC. Have you checked and confirmed if wonderware network account is the same on GR where you are deploying from and winplatform_001 where you want to deploy to?

Hi ! the username is the same , however in the first blank where it says domain or localmachine name , here they are different.

About the first you suggested, they are not running on scan. It says shutdown ( startup failed)

If you are not using a domain controller, no worries. you need the same username / password combination on both machines. If the platforms are shutdown, you wont be able to deploy. i suggest, start in deployment view and first redeploy the platform winplatform_001, do not select cascade deploy. make sure the platform us running, then next step view engine and then the instance of the managed application. check each step until all are running.

OK thnks for answering ! i`ll try and let you now.

Another question when you say :

" you need the same username / password combination on both machines "

What username do you mean ? the user name I use to login to windows or the user name i can create using the network account utility ??

In mchine1 I login with username TEST1 to windows. In mahcine 2 i login with username TEST2.

However what i did is to use the network account utilite, clicked create local account, and in both machine created a user : TEST3

is this ok ? this way it should work right ?

Seems right what you configured. If on both machines there is a username called TEST3 and the same password on both PC's, as you created in the network account utility for wonderware, the platform communications + windows security should be ok. I create the same usernames on all pc's and this user is part of admin group (on all pc's), and use this in the wonderware network utility.

On the pc where you wish to deploy, have you installed the bootstrap when you installed the wonderware software? Platform can't be installed without bootstrap service running on windows...

Please check you host file (PC Name & IP Address) as this is important in the systems platform for platforms to 'see' each other on workgroup. If not, update both.

Also Windows Firewall turned off on both pc's

hope you succeed.

Last edited:
Ok tomorrow ill try and let you know!

Last question, when you say :

If on both machines there is a username called TEST3 and the same password on both PC

What type username are youtalking about??

You mean there must be a Windows user TEST3 to access the PC??
Or the user i create when i open the network account prog??

Thanks a lot for answering!!

Yes, there must be a Username called TEST3 in windows on both GR and View Node. To save yourself a headache, put them part of Administrators on both pc's. Use this user account when you install wonderware software or edit later using the network utility of wonderware to be the same. If you deployed the GR using the username TEST3, create the username TEST3 on the view node. Make sure both pc's are in the same work-group name. Browse from once pc to the other to make sure there's not a windows network security issue. Check bootstrap, firewall, host file. Then take it step by step and check you log files for errors, once you have the platform going on the view node your sorted to get the rest going.

Ok tomorrow ill try and let you know!

Last question, when you say :

If on both machines there is a username called TEST3 and the same password on both PC

What type username are youtalking about??

You mean there must be a Windows user TEST3 to access the PC??
Or the user i create when i open the network account prog??

Thanks a lot for answering!!

I think he refers to he service account that system platform uses in the back end for inter-platform communication.

You can verify this by going to "Change Network account" in the wonderware -> common folder under start menu.

Like mentioned earlier both machines need to defined in the host file. They also need to be in the same workgroup/domain.

Hi , i still cant get this work..

Now I can see both machines, browsing in the Winplatform ...

They are Both in the same domain, and under the same username..

Now I get the error Cannot find the target PC on the network OR PC cant communicate back to the Galaxy Repository.. I tried deploying without cascade , and still get that error

Cant find the problem..

I received same Software error: 340 message during deployment of Application Engines. It could be related to wrong installation/uninstallation of the software. Try uninstalling the whole AVEVA (Wonderware) software, delete ArchestrA and Wonderware folders and registry keys. Reinstall and deployment should work.