I have a

Mistubishi PLC
CPU - Q02H
Comm- CCLink Model - QJ61BT11
3 input
3 output
1 thermal couple
1 analog

chassis that is needing a program. i got the call on friday at 6pm and they said they need to be starting it up by wednesday (yes tomorrow) night.

5-6 PID loops

not very many screens but yes, some screens too, i think as long as there is a push button start the screens can wait a bit.

Software: GX Development Version 8.XXXX
GT Designer (some current version)

I have had 2 guys working on it for 2 days now, they are A/B guys who have been doing plc's for a combined estimated 30+ years. they are having a pain in the *** getting this done in time. i need someone who has experience w/ mitsubishi and i need him/her NOW. Be ready to fly out if not tonight tomorrow morning. All expenses covered of course and will be compensated.

DO NOT BOTHER IF YOU LIVE OUTSIDE OF THE USA

Please call me or send me an email (prefer phone)
and fax/email me your resume.

Matt Kendall
Automation Controls &
Technical Services
3807GH S. Peoria #297
Tulsa, OK 74105
918.747.3556 (o)
918.742.3556 (f)
918.630.4336 (c)

Why dont you use an AB? or something your famillar with? I had a number of problems with your unit, so I tore it out and replaced it with a AutomationDirect DL205 using the same panel, wiring, sensors etc.. the programming took me 12 hours. (this depends on the application) Time is money; PLC are cheap.

With all due respect:

Someone needs to decide whats more important; to get the unit running on time or the desire for a particular brand PLC? If you are willing to fly someone to your location, than I would presume that time is the bigger issue.

Usually the customer is more harmed by downtime, or a missed deadline, than having equipment that they wouldnt prefer, and that will do the same job just as well.

From a management point of view I might not be happy, but I would be really mad to miss an important deadline.

Which is worse for you and your customer?

I,ve been in your shoes before and installed an Automation Direct 205, over the speced GE90-30. Than I danced a lot. It took a while but they eventually got over it.

Hardwerk said:
I have had 2 guys working on it for 2 days now, they are A/B guys who have been doing plc's for a combined estimated 30+ years...

30 years? They must be brain dead by now.

Hardwerk said:
3 input
3 output
1 thermal couple
1 analog

5-6 PID loops

That's not a lot of I/O. I really feel for you on this one!
Do you know what the problem(s) are? Can your guys AT LEAST download a program to the controller?

I haven't done any Mitsubishi, but I understand the programming software can be somewhat daunting. If your guys have been using AB for 30 years, they might still be wondering where the spinning ladder went.

AK

hopefully got it

I'm flying someone in who I found through friend of a friend of a friend. I really appreciate you guys trying to help me out on this one.

Except for Pierre, i'm not sure why you feel the need to act like a child, but please, take it to a video game or something. Your meaningless babble means nothing to me.

Replacing a plc because you don't know how to program it is rediculous. If the AB guys have thirty years experience and none on Mitsubishi, then they will struggle to complete this in the allotted time frame. This goes both ways. The PROBLEM is not that the plc is broke it's that know one has experience with it. Hope you get the neccessary help.
Tim

HOW?

HARDWERK
i think that your major problem in this application is the PID loops because you have a very little number of I/O's.
5-6 PID loops
Why you have this number of PID loops while you have only two process variables TC & Analog banghead

Dear Hardwerk

I hunderstand you don't have much knowledge about PLC and general automation BUT here is the fact.

ANYBODY who have used and programed ANY type of PLC for more than 10 years can come up with such a small programming job has the one you have listed above in a few days with any other brands.

3 solutions are left:

1- You are full of bull and your story does not even exist. You are lonely and just need friends to talk to.

2- You are honestly telling us the real fact but your 2 guys are themselves feeding you all this ****.

3- I am wrong about the use of AB software making our brain go liquid.

beerchug

Cheer up!

right pierre

ANYBODY who have used and programed ANY type of PLC for more than 10 years can come up with such a small programming job
pierre
Let me correct something
Student who have learned to program ANY type of PLC can come up with such a small programming job
you are right about your solutions pierre,may be he try to say something about AB programmers.

Clarification to all AB proframmers

To All
Some one could missunderstand my last post,so i want to claify that it's just thoughs not more.i don't mean any thing about those guys,My my Self very much appriciate this brand as well as who working with it.
Good Luck to all :cool:

Pierre,

I like your home page.

Now all I need is to find the end of the universe, and the end of my divorce. Do you know where the end of these are?

Last edited:
elevmike said:
Now all I need is to find the end of the universe, and the end of my divorce. Do you know where the end of these are?
Can't help you with the divorce, Mike, but I found the 'edge' of the universe. It's full of ones and zeroes... :D
[attachment]
This is a screenshot from the excellent shockwave animation "Pong... It's Not Just a Game"... (y)

Those who remember "Pong", click HERE to watch it... :cool:

beerchug

-Eric

edge.jpg

Eric,

Thats two out of three...Thanks very much!

Now if I could just solve that last problem...maybe I could get her into the pong swf and...never mind.

Last edited: