Bristol RTU's & Control Wave Designer

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ok. I've been told I need to learn (in addition to everything else) how to program Bristol RTU's with Control Wave Designer. I have been searching online and can find very little info in the way of tutorials or any resources like this site. I have already downloaded the various manuals that pop up with the google search. I'm just tossing together some simple motor stop starts to get the feel for the software. When I tried to rebuild the program I'm getting an error that there is a missing task in Control WaveMicro.FBD. o_O
Does anyone have any leads to some online resources for Control Wave Designer?

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Just bumping this again as I've been delegated the company Bristol guy and could really use a resource like this site (even better if Bristol programmers shared knowledge here!) for programming Control Wave Micro's in Crontrol Wave Designer. I took a 3 day course but it just wasn't enough and as we all know the learning never ends!

Kraken Fan #69

There seems to be a fair bit of information on the Emerson Web Site. Poke around there a bit, and do some Google Searches. I have found I sometimes have better luck with Google, than a Web Sites native Search Engine.

I found this Getting Started Guide with Google.

http://www.documentation.emersonprocess.com/groups/public/documents/users_guide/d301416x012.pdf

Like all things new, it takes a lot of reading, and trial and error.

I am sure you probably have it, but here is the link to the User Manual.

http://www.documentation.emersonprocess.com/groups/public/documents/users_guide/d301429x012.pdf

Stu....

Last edited:
Thanks Stu. i have a copy of that on my laptop, ipad and iphone and read and re-read it. LOL You are not kidding about reading, trial and error! Unfortunately this is a very unforgiving field for "error"! We are working mostly gas wells and a bit of oil using CWM's. Sometimes it's nice to hear an explanition from another person who knows what you are going through though. There are tons of these units scattered around Southern Alberta. i'm kinda surprised no Bristol programmers ever poke there heads up in here! Well, back to my reading.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Thanks Stu. i have a copy of that on my laptop, ipad and iphone and read and re-read it. LOL You are not kidding about reading, trial and error! Unfortunately this is a very unforgiving field for "error"! We are working mostly gas wells and a bit of oil using CWM's. Sometimes it's nice to hear an explanition from another person who knows what you are going through though. There are tons of these units scattered around Southern Alberta. i'm kinda surprised no Bristol programmers ever poke there heads up in here! Well, back to my reading.

Thanks,

Kraken Fan #69

Well, I was thinking more of creating a test Project, and just getting familiar with how things work. That way, when you are doing the real thing, you will have a better idea of what goes where, and what to expect when you make a change.

Good luck, and I hope someone with direct knowledge shows up.

Stu....

I know this thread is 2 years old but I am going through a similar situation now. In January I will be receiving some "bristol training" not from a training firm but from our lead automation guy. And I have been doing some reading of all the basic stuff just as you have. Any other tips? Basically the way I understand ACCOL. Is dont think of it as how it works compared to ladder logic but more so start with the boolean basics and think of it more like a computer program than a wiring diagram... Also I'll be doing this in northwestern alberta so I won't be trampling your feet haha.

Those were the older Bristols written in straight Accol I now do work with designer more regularily

Hi Dan, I'm searching info about CW Designer tutoriasl or some kind of material that help me to create projects and I just found your thread. Can you please share something to help me out? I really will appreciate it. I allready use OpenBSI, techview. localview. But I need more for Designer.

Thanks in advanced.

Mario