Redundant Power SUpply for SLC 500? Sound weird!

ckchew666

Hi,

I know this sounds weird, but that's exactly what we are looking for. Redundant Power Supply for SLC 500!

Our scenario is that we have bought SLC 500 for one of our proj, but customer revise their tender spec and they need redundant power supply PLC. I know only PLC-5 & CLX has, but is there any way we can run parallel (1747-P3) to act as redundant power supply?

Does anyone out there tried this before?

Thx. :)

SLC power supplies are meant to run single controller chassis all by themselves. There is no way to use two of them in a redundant configuration.

Even if you were to build a connector to parallel the power inputs, you would have some trouble getting the voltage watchdogs in the CPU to work.

Ken Roach said:
SLC power supplies are meant to run single controller chassis all by themselves. There is no way to use two of them in a redundant configuration.

Even if you were to build a connector to parallel the power inputs, you would have some trouble getting the voltage watchdogs in the CPU to work.

Ken,

Thx for ur info, I never know there is a voltage watchdog in the SLC CPU, until u notice me :p

BTW, what's the function of these watchdog doing there? Mind to explain a bit? Thx.