S7 Mmc

MMC image restore problem

I've managed to corrupt my 128KB 6ES7953-8LG11-0AA0 MMC card :oops:

So I found this thread and got WinHex to appear sucessfull at restoring some images to the card (I tried the 64KB, 512KB, 2MB and 4MB files from this thread), but the card still does not work in the CPU (315-2 DP), the buffer reports an "illegal MMC card" and then the MPI port stops working.

So does anyone have a WinHex 128KB image I can try, or suggest another reason for my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Sorted

I bought a new 128mb card and cloned its image to the damaged card.

Here's the image if anyone finds themselves in the same fix.

Hi everyone!!!
Just to let everyone know. If you use Vipa Speed 7 processors you do not need MMC cards. They run without them. If i remember correctly you only expand load memory with Siemens mmc cards. If you expand memory of a Vipa CPU you expand both work and load memory. Up to 4Mb work memory and 4 Mbyte load memory.

Jason,
I am curious as why you would do this? Isn't the MMC card under a 1 year warranty?

No the card was not under warranty and not bought by me originally, in any case it's easier to fix it yourself than it is to send it back to Siemens, if you have the image that is.

I needed another card for a new project anyway. Now I have two working cards and the thread has a 128mb image for anyone who gets into the same jam.

No the card was not under warranty and not bought by me originally, in any case it's easier to fix it yourself than it is to send it back to Siemens, if you have the image that is.

I needed another card for a new project anyway. Now I have two working cards and the thread has a 128mb image for anyone who gets into the same jam.

Makes sense. What did you pay for the 128 mb card if you dont mind me asking?

hello All,
In an effort to help everyone save money Mcaps Inc reducing costs on micromemory cards for Siemens s7 by 20% for 64K thru 1Mb. If anyone is interested on anything else on this site send me an email for reduced costs for all those subscribed users of PLCs.net. 700-953-8LK11

I want to help those that are helping others. I am very impressed with all the posts i have read on this site. Keep up the good work.

Dear all:
I have found a china factory who can program the CID/CSD for me, but we found that when we program the CSD the MMC will broken, even can not formated by the computer, when we just program the CID, the PLC CPU run led can be green,but it show that there is not enough space on the MMC card. what is the reasons?
Can anybody help me for that? If this comes true, everybody can get a cheap MMC then.

Hello!
I have a 2Mb DataFlash card from ATMEL (type AT45DCB002) from a industrial machine.
The card is damaged, so the machine doesn't work.
As I have another equal machine, I tried it's card on the first one and it works. So I purchased a new card and need to make an image from the good one.

The PC card reader drive I have detects the card, but can't read it.

Any one can tell me how to do it?
Thanks!

Hello!
I have a 2Mb DataFlash card from ATMEL (type AT45DCB002) from a industrial machine.
The card is damaged, so the machine doesn't work.
As I have another equal machine, I tried it's card on the first one and it works. So I purchased a new card and need to make an image from the good one.

The PC card reader drive I have detects the card, but can't read it.

Any one can tell me how to do it?
Thanks!
Hello,
you should not use the PC card reader drive read it.but you can try the "WINHEX",clone the MMC.

Dear all:
I have found a china factory who can program the CID/CSD for me, but we found that when we program the CSD the MMC will broken, even can not formated by the computer, when we just program the CID, the PLC CPU run led can be green,but it show that there is not enough space on the MMC card. what is the reasons?
Can anybody help me for that? If this comes true, everybody can get a cheap MMC then.
Hello!
Can you tell me the TEL Number of the china factory ?

Hi everyone!!!
Just to let everyone know. If you use Vipa Speed 7 processors you do not need MMC cards. They run without them. If i remember correctly you only expand load memory with Siemens mmc cards. If you expand memory of a Vipa CPU you expand both work and load memory. Up to 4Mb work memory and 4 Mbyte load memory.

I use a lot of VIPA PLCs, never use any MMC card,can you show me the steps what expand memory of a Vipa CPU ?🤞🏻

Dear all:
I just got a CPU312, a 128K MMC card, are doing to read passwords and MMC card Cloning trial, the use of the software is S7IMGRD and WinHex, if any results, I will immediately tell you that in order to share the work of results.

I use S7IMGRD, get a 128K MMC cards S7IMG document, if useful, you can download to see.

Any question pls. feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
hello every one:),
I need 64kb image file. Unfortunately the image file in the first page do not open.
please help me!🤞🏻 where can I find this image file?