PVP HMI ActiveX macro for beginner

unsaint32

I came across a Youtube video from Rockwell about using macro and ActiveX in PanelView Plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tbfloiyREY

So, I have to create HMI tag structure matching the PLC tag structure. Then I have to configure the macro button. And I use the ActiveX for the CSV..... As an inexperienced technician, I don't understand why go through all that trouble, when I can just create a shortcut to the PLC and write and read directly from/to the PLC tags.

Can you please educate me on why the macro and ActiveX are beneficial compared to the existing method of communicating directly to the PLC tags?

The Macro ActiveX is helpful when you need to:
1) trigger a macro from a PLC tag change (instead of a push button)
2) use more than five of those (Global Connections allows only five remote macros)
3) use parameter tags within the macro expression.

FYI: That video link is for the recipe activex. That's very useful for PLC tag triggers, as well as it uses plain text csv files.