MP277 panel on Profibus with Wago IO

Hi

I have a profibus network with a CPU314C-2DP and some Wago 750 IO with a 750-833 controller to collect data. The CPU314C is used on the safety and control system, while the Wago is used for collection data for the monitoring system.

I want to be able to display data from both the safety and control system as well as the monitoring system on the same panel. I have a MP277 10” touch panel for this job.

Obviously there is no problem reading in the data from the CPU, but how do I go about reading in the data from the Wago IO?

There is no Profibus driver for Wago in WinCC as far as I know. Since the Wago IO is mapped up in the hardwareconfig in Step-7 can I use the PIW addresses generated here to read the data up to the panel over the same “connection” as the data red from the PLC?

I can’t read the data from the IO into the PLC and then from there and up the HMI as I then would mix my safety with monitoring and I’m not allowed to do that. The data from the wago should still be displayed even if the PLC goes in stop.

It is not possible to meet your requirements !

If the master goes offline, its slaves will be offline too.
And no, there can only be one master per slave.

What is it that you must achieve in terms of functionality ?
Whatever you have to achieve, I think you are facing some major rethinking of your concept.
When you say "safety", has it got something to do with safety against injury, or safety against downtime ?

What I was trying to achieve is to have a single panel, the MP277 to display data from my PLC and the connected slave (the Wago IO)

The panel is only used to display data locally. All data are also sent on Modbus to "Main Control" for logging and alarm management.

Due to requirements from classification companies, like BV, DNV and Loyds the safety system (the PLC) and the monitoring (The Wago IO) must be two separate systems. Data from both systems should be available on the local display though. Previously I have used to separate busses, one MPI and one CANOpen on a terminal from Beijer Electronics but since both systems on this occasion was one Profibus I hoped to get away using one bus.

The safety system is taking care of shutdown down situations to prevent damage on machine and man.

It will be easy if you exchange the WAGO "intelligent" i/o block for a similar Siemens ET200 i/o block with an IM151-7 CPU. In that case the MP277 can connect to both 314C and IM151-7.

The safety system is taking care of shutdown down situations to prevent damage on machine and man.
Hmmm.

You mean a controlled shutdown that goes through several stages to shutdown a dangerous proces ? If so, I think that you must use safety-approved equipment. There are probably strict standards for the equipment that must be used in such a application. I doubt that you can make your own system out of "standard" components. I am not an expert in this field, but one thing I suspect is that the critical components incl. the PLC must be of a high-availablity type.

Or do you mean immediate shutdown in case of an emergency stop for example ?
If so, and you want to let a PLC handle this job, then i am sure that it must be a safety-approved PLC.