problems in positioning control in servo motor

common

C
did anybody face the problems of the servo motor overshoot when stop and turning back to the stopping point again. I m using the mitsubishi servo and control by the NC112 omron high speed counter card. I m not sure about the system are using the function of decelleration.

Assuming that the motor is reasonably well matched to the load, you should be able to tune the drive to eliminate overshoot. Set your velocity loop gain first, then the position loop gain. There should be a chapter in the hardware manual about tuning the system. Read it. There may even be an auto-tune procedure you can run.

KID: Hey Dad, Are we there yet?
DAD: No.

KID: Hey Dad, There it is! Ya just passed it!
DAD's CAR: _________SCREEEECHHHH!!!!

Dad was going to such-n-such a place. He didn't know where it was. He only knew it was "that-a-way".

What Dad needed to know was "when" (where) to start slowing down and start watching for the "target" location. He needed to know when the target was getting close.

He could have done this if he was aware of the addresses as he flew down the street. If he doesn't have a sense of ascending or descending addresses, then he won't know that he is at the target until he flys past it! Then comes the _________SCREEEECHHHH!!!!
That is, if Dad wasn't starting to doze-off and missed the target address.

If Dad has all of his marbles in one bag then he should know where he is going and when he is getting close. He should be able to do that even if he's never been to the target location before. He does it by recognizing the VALUE of the addresses (RELATIVE to the Target Value) as they go zipping by.

If, on the other hand, Dad if one of those that forgets to put his pants on before going out for a drive, you will have to tell him when the such-n-such place is getting...
close, slow-down-a-bit,...
closer, slow down a bit more...
closer, slow down a bit more...
(Oh, Yeah... Don't forget to remind him to put his pants on as well! - before you hit the road!).

So... the question is... Who is supposed to know where Dad should be going and how he should get there?

If Dad is supposed to know, then Dad needs to know how to read addresses and how to respond as he gets closer to the target address. He also needs to be able to recognize when he has gone past the target.

If you, as the passenger, are supposed to know, and Dad is simply following your lead, then YOU need to know how to read addresses and YOU need to know what to tell Dad to do as you approach the target address. YOU also need to be able to recognize when he has gone past the target.

"Dad Knows" = Smart Controller

"YOU Know" = PLC controlling a Dumb (sorry, Dad) Controller.

If Dad is supposed to know, then Dad needs to know the Rules of the Road AND he needs to know Action/Reaction relationships involved in moving a large Station Wagon (his car). This information should be programmed into Dad.

If YOU are supposed to know, then YOU need to know the Rules of the Road AND YOU need to know Action/Reaction relationships involved in moving a large Station Wagon (his car). YOU have to understand the Physics involved in moving masses through Space & Time in order to develop the appropriate messages to pass to Dad.

COMMON,

This info might or might not help you... but it was fun writing it in any case!