analog input in ladder logic

my program cycle-:

when 1st customer insert its biometric card then valve open and water start flowing .
when customer input is stop by(any like biometric/electromagnetic card)..cycle complete--- up to thid first process

2nd- if any probloem comes in flometer then then valve stop but customer identity is still saving in memory..if its long time (1-2hr) cycle complete

after it all how plc collect data from mainly from flowmeter and concert it to exact flow quantity..
if customer identification through rfid how to detect in plc just given me hints

plz share me details(ab plc 500),

thanks
iant

Timer values in PLCs hit a maximum around 65000. You need to make a second timer TON that automatically resets with the timer's done bit (timername.dn). Use this second counter on a count up CTU for minutes. When it hits 60 use another CTU for hours and reset the minutes.

This will be a free running timer that you will reset with RES.

When you get the input for water flow clear the timer and watch it start. This is the first place you should stop and test to make sure your timer works.

Once your timer works use compares on the timer Hour/Minute/seconds to stop the water at the given time specified by the project using compare values against the running timer and the timer setpoints.

Next you need to learn your flow meter and get it working. Which ever flow meter you buy, go look up the manual and see how it works. In some they give pulses and each pulse means X amount of flow. Count your pulses and do the math. Test this. Make sure your meter gives the proper amount of water per x pulse (i am assuming this is how your meter works).

Next you need to start counting pulses while your timer values are not equal and the process has been started.

This should count water flow for a given time.

Goodluck

I am sorry
I don't mind helping you.
But you need to do the maths
Let us know what products you are using.

Not a bad idea Jeremy.
But use a timer cct that generates a pulse every second or minute.
Using a real or floating point variable you can count well past 65000
By simply adding 1 to the source.

i need input from electromagnetic flow meter to plc (ab micrologix 500 plc) through rs-485 communication .. input may be pulse/voltage,,

how to it configure plz expalin me
sir'
iant

sir,

flowrate r not constant speed its a EMT flowmeter, its gives pulse input to plc ,let assume 1 pulse is 10L, then justgive me an idea how to do a program for it,

in ab plc 500,

and explain me hoa a pulse is configured