panelview component c600 not communicating on reboot

chris69

I have a working collection of applications for the PVC C600. the setup is one pvc600 connected to a DH485 network with two micrologix 1200's. This setup works just fine, except, when I compile a new software for the screen, it initially works all fine, until you power down. Once you power backup, there is no communications to & from the screen. Oddly, there is one of my applications that works fine regardless wether or not you cycle power to the screen. Despite this, I have interrogated every possible piece of the application, to compare it with others and cannot find any discrepancies. Anyone got any ideas ?

Problem now sorted. I installed the connected components workbench v6.0 software and since then everything works just like it should. One thing I will say is that rockwell seem to have thrown these onto the market, to see how well they sell, without fully supporting them. They now no-longer make or support them. It turns out that these were a prototype for the newer 800 panelview screens. Pity they didnt just bring out the 800 series and save an awful lot of us an awful lot of bother ! So glad that I didn't install one at a clients site, can you imagine the grief having to explain that there is no support available for these anymore ! Hope this helps someone else with similar issues.