Panelview Plus 6 600 project upload

CRom11

Gents little help, please..

I have this Panelview Plus 600, touch screen, I'm even struggling to get the EDS for it! In RSLinx its coming up as Panelview Plus 6 600, which I assume is revision 6, I've downloaded every possible (obviously not) EDS file but can get rid of the yellow exclamation mark! I tried upgrading RSLinx to v3.60 and it come up with an icon I haven't seen on panelview before. Anyway tried to upload a project from the panelview but came up with message of target not being correct or something like that..

No idea what else to try so any suggestions are very welcome.

Last edited:
Hello,

I don't have access to Factorytalk software any longer so not sure how much help I can be to you but I can tell you that the yellow question mark icons should not affect your ability to upload/download to/from the device. As long as you do not have a RED X over the icon then RSLinx is seeing the device and you should be able to communicate with it.

The "6" in the Panelview 6 600 is just the type of panelview you have. (in other words it is a series 6 PV and not a series 7 or other)

Your problem with not being able to upload the project from the PV is something other than EDS files and if you post more detailed information about how and what you are doing to try to upload the project I am sure someone here can help guide you though the process.

BCS

RSLinx is not really relevant when dealing with the PanelView Plus. RSLinx Enterprise is what you need to configure.

Ping the device first, don't bother with anything else until it replies to a ping.

Open FactoryTalk View Studio, switch to the Communications tab (very bottom left corner of the screen). Make sure you have an Ethernet Driver (if not, add it). Edit the properties of the Ethernet Driver, select the correct network adapter (the one with the IP address on the subnet your PanelView is on). I prefer not to leave it on "Any", it doesn't always seem to find the devices.

Click OK to close the window. Right click on the Ethernet driver and select Start browsing. Wait for a bit until it discovers the PanelView. Now launch the transfer utility and upload.

make sure your rsview studio me is to date with the firm ware that is on your panel view- if your panel is 5.10 and your pc is 5.0 you have to upgrade your pc - then connect thur rsview enterprise, you have to create your project to the revision that your panelview is or you will have upgrade the firmware in your panel view-after you can affirm , you create a runtime file and name it and save it, then use your transfer utility to locate the saved file and select it and at the download window highlight your ip address to your panelview and downloading should go--also before you save your file-do a drop down and select your panelview firmware revision--example if the panel is 6.0 then select 6.0 and create a runtime file to download--

Last edited:
make sure your project created is for the panelview you want to download too- after you create the project for your panel and save it. to download a project you use the transfer utility, what I always do first is after I creat or edit a project, I make sure thur rsview enterprise that I can see the panelview in the dropdown tree, if your connections are good you can do a runtime test and that make sure your project does not have any isssues, if no problems, then you can use the transfer utility and download the project to your panel, only good thing about rsview studio you can do a runtime test and see how your project runs,-you must make sure your runtime project created is the same revision as your panel or it will not match,

thanks for suggestions but no luck. Never before I had to open a project and double check the comms page to see the panelview, tried that but still comes up as yellow exclamation mark and when attempting upload via ME Transfer utility it will tell me that the 'destination selected is not FTV ME station destination.

RSLinx is telling me the revision is 6.150, I can ping the panel no issue, its on 192.168.1.11, I'm on 192.168.1.22

RSLinx is version 3.60 and FTV ME is 6.1

...when attempting upload via ME Transfer utility it will tell me that the 'destination selected is not FTV ME station destination.

Check two things...first, if you click the little "+" beside the PVP in the list, and then expand down until the end, you'll get an icon that looks just like a PVP, but you can't download to it - and it will fail with that message. You have to click on the PVP at it's top level.

Second, make sure you're not trying to transfer a file from a network drive. That will also sometimes give you the same error (so intuitive!). I have all my .mer files stored on my host machine but mapped to the VM as a virtual network drive - even though the files are actually physically on my hard drive, because FTView recognises it as a network drive, I can't transfer them from there. I have to copy them from the desktop first.

Thanks guys I'm trying to suck a project out of the PVP, don't have the actual app.. see my reply above with what I can actually see, that setup works for several other PVP I have here on site, just that one puzzles me..

Oh right, missed that one. So you're getting that message when you click the [...] button to try and select the Source File?

Exactly, the internal memory is selected, I point to the panelview in the browser on the bottom and the [...] next to select file this is the message that I get. And yes, there is an application in the PVP, I can browse screens and read correct data.
Not sure if relevant I don't see the small white box in bottom left when the PvP is booting to take you to the config of the panelview. If I'm not mistaken this is when version 6 is installed or if 6.1 it can be disabled in the settings, but might be wrong.

If you don't have a "go to config" button in your application and you don't get the white box in the corner when booting......You can connect a keyboard to the USB port on the back of the panel and press Shift, Ctrl,Alt and the Windows key all at the same time and you should be able to access the config screen.

(I think that is the right combination anyway, its been awhile for me. Picked this up from another member on this site, he calls it the 4 finger salute)

BCS

Thanks, I believe I read that post, I though more of this as an indication of my actual problem. Even if I get the file project file out of the PVP on memory stick, still won't be ble to download my mod with the button..