private message post from a new member ...

Ron Beaufort

Lifetime Supporting Member
a brand new member ... Patson ... sent this to me by private message ... I suggested that he post it here so that everyone could offer some help ... he wrote back and asked me to please post it for him until he gets more familiar with how to use the forum ...

Need some help!!!

I’m not good in English. I would like to start to have your expertise .I saw your email on a internet forum. The study that I carried out relates to my training course in automation but I would like to also make with your help a good programmation with Rslogix 5000. My goal first was to design a ramp generator like show on the figure (fig 1) software with Rslogix5000 of controllogix.
I already made an program , but my supervisor told me that , my realization don’t really solve the problem, cause I generate the ramp with one order, he want me to generate a ramp twice:
First order: generate a ramp like show in a figure and wait second order
Second order: generate a ramp until the end.
Now my generations only do the first order, I don’t know how to continue program by
Please I need your help cause I will have a mad mark on my stage, If you help me I will wrote a good report and try to have a good mark .

I would like to sent a first order(start) to start generate the slopes(ramp), and as long as I would not have sent the second order for the stop the rampe_1 will be always with the maximum position, and once the second order (stop) sent,il will have there a second generation of slope up to value 0 .

Please sent me your email and i will sent you a figure represent it and program i begin.

Thanks a lot
my email adress: [email protected]

Patson, see if this helps get you started ...

it seems that you already have the first part of the ramp sequence completed ... now add in a new rung to your program ... let this new rung do a comparison to see when your first ramp has reached its desired value ... when the comparison becomes TRUE, latch ON a BOOL ... let the BOOL show that the first stage of the ramp operation has been completed ... now once the BOOL is ON, start using a different set of rungs to perform the second ramp ... post a reply and let us know if this makes sense ...

in response to another private message ... we've GOT to quit meeting like this ...

sorry Patson, but the boss won’t let me give out my email address on these forums ... he says there are too many bugs and viruses going around ... here’s a better idea ... first use Winzip to zip up your program file ... then click on the “Post Reply” button on the forum and type in your message ...

then to attach a file ...

[attachment]

step 1 ... notice the list of valid file types that you are allowed to attach to the forum ... “zip” is ok ...

step 2 ... click the “Browse” button ... then navigate to your program’s zip file ...

step 3 ... click the zip file to highlight it ...

step 4 ... click the “Open” button to register the file name as an attachment ...

step 5 ... click the “Submit Reply” button to complete your post ...

if you’ll do it this way then everybody on the forum who has RSLogix5000 will be able to open the file and help you with your problems ... this will give you much better results than waiting around for me to answer an email ... sometimes my work schedule keeps me tied up for several days at a time ... I only get a chance to help on the forum when work is slow ... my boss likes to keep me busy making money ...

hint: go try this procedure in the forum’s “practice” area until you understand how the system works ... you can even post questions there if you need help with how to use the forum ... someone will come along and help you out ...

attachit.jpg

GOOD JOB

THAT WAS A GOD PIECE OF WORK.
HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT TRAINING AS A CAEER?
MIKE

well ... thank you, Mike, for the very kind compliment ... but personally I really don’t think that it was quite up to God’s standards ...

as for training, that IS a very big part of my career these days ... my boss has apparently decided that I’m finally getting too old (57) to hunt for the tribe, so now it’s time for me to start teaching the young bucks how to follow a trail of buffalo dung ... actually though, I’m really enjoying this teaching thing ... as they used to say in Latin: “docendo discimus” ... “we learn by teaching” ...

again, I sincerely appreciate the compliment ... thanks for taking the time to post it ...

and please register on the forum ...

Ron,

This word document I have started with your post pasted
in it is getting larger by the minute. Keep up the GREAT
work.. I surely appreciate your posts.

Gary