Schneider TM221CE16R & SoMachine

Nope, %QWM and %IWM addresses are meaned to Modbus slave device setup if another PLC ask I/O from M221. There are only 40 words of these. This is example of Somachine (Codesys) but same principle also for M221.

http://www2.schneider-electric.com/...00/FA240029/en_US/Modbus TCP Slave Device.pdf

What you are looking is %M, %MW addressing (Modbus registers 0x, 1x and 3x,4x). You need to copy Inputs and outputs to %M and %MW variables on PLC program.

You only need to configure IP address on PLC.

Depending of panel and type you need to read %MW or Modbus registers. If you have Schneiser's panel then you can probably read every register directly, not only %M and %MW registers.

Thanks Lare, can you tell me what the Modbus 4x and 0x starting locations would be for the PLC. I am guessing 41001 would be %MW0 and %M00 would be 0x1 in the HMI?

Okay with everyones help I am able to send and receive data to my Maple Systems HMI to the PLC over Ethernet.

Now I am working on a serial line connection between the PLC and an ICP-DAS I7024 analog output module. I am guessing I would use the %SEND_RECV_MSG block to do so. I am attempting to get that working, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Thanks again, I tried setting it up with the Read_Var function like the example and I am getting a ComError of 255 and a OperError of 6 which if I look it up indicates an error on the communication channel, I have tried just about everything in regards to setting up the Comms properly, with a 120ohm terminating resistor, without one, various settings regarding parity, data bits and stop bits. I need a RS485 sniffer for sure on this one, I guess I will have to pick one up.

Edm

You have of course selected RS485 on M221 serial settings and use pins 4 and 5 of port?

For reading analogs it looks like that you need Modbus FC3 (Read_var, slave ?, %MW, start address 0, length 1-4 words (1-4channels), response have channels data (page 157)

But are you writing or readin data from device and inputs or outputs?

Last edited:
Chud, actually the videos on YouTube dont cover what I am looking for which is specifically HMI and PLC communication over Ethernet. I am trying to get a variable from my HMI to the PLC, and looking in the program.

Under Configuration in SoMachine Basic, Modbus TCP and Modbus Mapping it says Output Registers (%IWM) and Input Registers (%QWM). So I would assume these would be the registers to send and receive variables to the HMI.

Thanks.

Hi! It´s simple to do! You don´t need to use these %IWM %QWM.
Just configure the IP address on the M221 and create your variables (e.g. %MW100 / %MD1000 / %MF2000.

On VijeoDesigner (I assume you are using it), create a New Driver (Modbus TCP/Modbus Equipment), give the PLC´s IP address, check IEC61131 syntax and change to double word order to low first. Then, you just need to create the variables using the same %MW, %MD or %MF used in PLC.

Of course, there´s a way to export/import variables to save time.

If you need more details, I can give you some print screen to help you! I use at least once a day SoMachine 4.1 / Basic / VijeoDesigner, so I have something to share!

There is a dialog table function on the last version. In config if you click on the ethernet port and then on modtcp ip you will see you can select the amount of in and out words and select the ip of the other plc. From what I have seen you can only setup 20 words in and 20 words out with a dialog table. No other setup should be required i would think